Saturday, September 27, 2008

Austin Michael


September 28, 1994 - Hendersonville Hospital. It was a great day for two reasons: 1) I was going to be an aunt for the first time; 2) I was missing school for the birth of my nephew, Austin. I love Tiffany to death, I really do. We have definitely had our share of "sister moments" but she has always been there for me and will forever be my best friend. Keep that in mind as I tell you how I met little Austin...

Tiffany told me that she wanted me in the room for the birth of her son. Well, I was almost fifteen years old and a freshman at Hendersonville High School at the time. I knew NOTHING about child birth! But, I didn't want to miss the excitement that she wanted me to be a part of. So, I agreed.
All I remember is having a can of Dr. Pepper in my hand and standing in the corner of the hospital room watching my sister give birth. It was the most miraculous thing I have ever seen but at the same time the MOST DISGUSTING!!! Now remember, I love my sister to death, but it was nasty. Also, remember I was fourteen.

Our lives were forever changed that day. Austin is turning fourteen years old today. He is an eighth grader, plays football, has a black belt in karate, active in his church youth group and loves the Lord. He loves his family and is the BEST big brother to Sunniee and Graciee.



Austin, I hope you have a GREAT birthday...I love you!!!
Love, Aunt "Rar"


Meg

No comments: