Monday, June 8, 2009

Brandon's Birthday

OVER THE WEEKEND -
I had an ultrasound last Wednesday and it has been a LONG five days!! I woke up Friday morning with a back ache. I continued throughout my day like normal just thinking I had pulled a muscle or something. As the day went on the pain became more and more intense and by Friday night I couldn't tolerate it. I took some Tylenol thinking that would help with the pain and atleast let me get some sleep but no luck! =(

So, after a restless night and the pain continuing to increase, Nathan took me to the hospital. I was dilated to 1 which means they sent me home...no meds for my back, nothing. It was basically, "This is part of it. Sorry." I spent Saturday in the same predicament. My back was THROBBING and contractions only made it worse. By Saturday night, I couldn't sit, stand or lay down. We had called my mom Friday morning when we went to the hospital and she had hung out in Hendersonville with my sister until she heard from us. Since I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for today (Monday) she decided to come stay with us and go to my appointment. Ok, back to Saturday night...

I was getting ready to spend another night without any sleep and in tremendous pain when I decided I would call the hospital to see which doctor was on call. It was my doctor!! (The morning before it wasn't...it was another doctor in the practice.) So, back to the hospital we went. I was given a shot of Stadol (?) that was awesome!!! It helped with the pain and I was able to sleep!!! Amazing! Brandon was sitting on a nerve in my back which was causing all that pain. Since then he has shifted and I am not in any pain at all...just the normal 39-week discomfort.

TODAY -
I am still dialted to 1. After a routine check-up my doctor informed me that Brandon would be born THIS WEEK!!! Mama went with me to my appointment which was great. She was able to hear everything I heard and translate! =) I am having a c-section this Wednesday (June 10th) for several reasons...
1) Brandon still hasn't dropped
2) My pelvic bone is too small for him to fit through even if he were a tiny baby
3) My blood pressure is high; I have lots of swelling; There is a little protein in my urine - all signs of preeclampsia
4) A "normal" delivery might be too stressful for Brandon - my doctor was certain that a c-section would be healthier at this point.
Mama, is all that right?! =)

So, in less than 48-hours I will be holding my precious baby boy!!! The past few months have been SO long but God has sustained me and the end is here!

I will post pictures as soon as I can!


Meg

1 comment:

Lori said...

So excited for you and the 10th is my birthday so he will born on a great day!