Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to my Daddy, father-in-law and grandfathers. I am so blessed to have such godly men in my life! Love y'all!

Today is Nathan's first Father's Day. I did what I could to make it special although it didn't work out exactly the way I wanted it to. Hopefully, the point was made - I am so thankful for him and his love for our family. He has been a great provider over the past few months and I am SO thankful!!! Happy Father's Day, Nathan! Brandon is one lucky little guy!

So, here's what today was SUPPOSED to look like...
We went to church this morning (Brandon slept the whole time woo hoo) and then Nathan had to work from 12-5. So, I decided that I would take the time between feedings to get some things together for Nathan's first Father's Day. So, after church I fed Brandon then headed to WalMart where I printed out and framed Nathan's favorite picture of his boy. Then, I came home to make no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. Finally, I was going to order Famous Dave's carry out for dinner which is Nathan's favorite restaurant.
Printing the picture out - success (Nathan loved it)
No-bake cookies - they didn't turn out right so I kept a few to show him that I attempted but it was a real bummer
Famous Dave's - Brandon's feeding schedule didn't allow me to go get Famous Dave's so I had to call Nathan and ask him to pick it up =( I wanted it to be here, on the table, ready to be served when he got home.

Nathan was appreciative of the effort...he got Famous Dave's either way so he really didn't care! =) Brandon is only 11 days old and I have been encouraged by Nathan's love for him. I am lucky to have such a loving husband and Brandon is lucky to have an incredible Daddy.





Meg

No comments: