Saturday, June 13, 2009

Catching Up

I was able to come home from the hospital yesterday...48 hours after the c-section. From what I hear, that is very rare but after being on bedrest for almost four months I was ready to get home and function normally. My blood pressure has been normal since Brandon's birth and I have been able to get back on a "normal person" diet. It's been so nice not having to check my blood pressure and blood sugar levels multiple times a day!

Mama came to Louisville last weekend and left this afternoon. What a blessing it was to have her here the past few days of the pregnancy, hanging out with me in the hospital room and being here to help and encourage when I came home with Brandon. Thank you, Mama!!!

Here are some pictures from the hospital and then some fun pictures we have of our new baby boy. We are so thankful for this blessing!! God has been so faithful the past few months and we are confident that all of the "rest" was worth every minute.

Proud Daddy


Brandon spending time with his Nanny

Brandon and Pa

Sally was our first visitor...Brandon is ready to meet her little girl, Laine! =)

Mona and Brandon

Beth

The Mielkes and Brandon

He definitely got his Daddy's feet!!

Kim

Isn't he precious?!

Bonding with Daddy before Nathan had to leave the hospital and go to work

Home at last...the first bath

I don't think he enjoyed it very much...


Naptime (look at those hands)



Thanks for all the prayers and words of encouragement!!



Meg

No comments: