Monday, June 15, 2009

First Play Date...kind of

Sally and her little girl, Laine, came over last night. This was Brandon's first play date! =) As you can tell from the picture below, he wasn't the best host. He was asleep the whole time they were here. Laine is 6 months old. It's amazing to see how much they change in just a few months.


Before leaving the hospital, they ran some tests on Brandon. He passed the hearing test but tested borderline for jaundice. So, Sunday afternoon we had to go to our pediatrician's office for a follow up. When Brandon was born he weighed 8 lbs 6 oz. He now weighs 7 lb 12.5 oz. Our pediatrician said that his jaundice symptoms will probably go away when he gains weight. They didn't put him under a light or anything. They just asked that we have him nap by windows and take him outside a few minutes a day. I have to call this afternoon and make a follow up appointment so they can check him again.

I think Brandon's days and nights are confused. Last night I slept an hour and a half. I made lots of coffee this morning and I am going to nap with him today. I plan on keeping him awake as much as possible but like my friend, Stephanie, says, "Asking a newborn to stay awake is like asking the pope not to pray." So true. If you have any suggestions for how I could keep him awake, let me know. I am getting ready to clip his fingernails, give him a bath and feed him...after that, I am out of ideas! =)


Meg

No comments: