Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blood Clot?

I went to the doctor today for a routine follow-up appointment. It's the normal six week check up which really should have taken place about three weeks ago. I rescheduled the original appointment because I was in Hendersonville when Tiffany had the twins. So...today was the big day to make sure everything was okay. Unfortunately, the nurse found a lump near my uterus. My doctor is on call today and was at the hospital which is why I was seen by the nurse practitioner. She paged him and he instructed me to come to the hospital and have an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech said it looked like a blood clot but she would need him to confirm that. (We aren't going to rely on her opinion too much. We think I was her first patient. She had to call someone in the room to show her how to use the machine. hahahaha) My doctor is supposed to call me with the results. We don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about but I will keep the blog updated.


Meg

No comments: