Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jackson...and home

Monday was a crazy day as Brandon and I made the rounds visiting friends and family. We started the morning with the Stanleys. Jonie and I have been friends for years and it had been TOO long since I had seen her three kids. She hadn't met Brandon yet so we spent most of the morning playing with them.

Brandon had a great time hanging out with Kimory, Ethan, and Michael

Ethan was so sweet

From there we went to Olivia's house. She was moving back into the college dorm that afternoon so I wanted to tell her bye. Dana (her mom) hadn't met Brandon so she got a little cuddle time. Unfortunately, Brandon was being fussy so it didn't last long (sorry, Dana).

Next stop - Union. My mom works there and we had arranged to meet at her office before going to McAlisters for lunch. Brandon was spoiled by her co-workers which, of course, he didn't mind! =)

Our final stop of the afternoon was at First Baptist. We were at church Sunday morning but I wasn't able to see all of the office staff. Brandon took his afternoon nap like normal and I was able to chat with the church ladies. It was a great visit!

We went back to my parent's house and chilled out for a little while before going to Sakura with my mom and brother. I got Sakura twice during my stay in Jackson...it's so yummy!!!! My mom had a meeting at church after dinner so Brandon and I went to my grandparent's house to visit with them. Mimi and Daddy Bill were able to spend time with Brandon before we headed back to Louisville the next morning. When we got home, Brandon was EXHAUSTED so he took a little power nap before his bath and bedtime.



_____________________________________________________________

We left my parent's house around 7:30 yesterday (Tuesday) morning and stopped in Hendersonville to visit Tiffany and the kiddos and to give Brandon a little break.

Brandon playing at Tiffany's

Baby Gavin has jaundice so he was taking his nap under the light =(

Sunniee being a great big sister and holding one of her baby brothers



I checked my email and Facebook from Tiffany's computer and found out that Louisville had been hit with some pretty nasty weather. There was lots of flooding, interstates were closed, businesses were closing early, people were without power, etc. I immediately got paranoid about driving the rest of way home. If I had been driving alone I would have been fine but having an 8-week old makes you rethink stuff like that. So, after talking to Nathan we decided I should be fine and I made the journey back to Louisville. Luckily, we only hit one little patch of wind and rain that lasted about twenty minutues.

Poor Brandon was so exhausted. He slept great last night and then took a 3-hour nap first thing this morning. I must have been tired too because I took that nap with him!! =)

Meg

No comments: