Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Seven Months Old

Brandon turned seven months old this past Sunday (the 10th). He was sick with his first cold the week before his "birthday"...we have been so blessed to have such a sweet, healthy baby!!!

Brandon started sitting the day he turned five months old...according to most people that's really early. Well, I think he is starting to get bored with just sitting so he has started trying to get on all fours. He can get his hands down and pull one leg out from under him...when he tries to pull the other leg out he just falls! =) At that point, he whines until I sit him back up. I don't know how much longer it will be but I think he will be crawling soon.

He has started saying, "Mamamamamamamama" when he wants something. I would like to think he is saying, "Mama" but he is really just making a noise. He only makes the noise when he wants something...he is definitely getting more vocal!

He is still sleeping great - an average of 10 hours at night, then two naps during the day and sometimes even a cat nap between the nap times.

Brandon has been cutting the bottom two teeth for a while now. I have been able to see his teeth under his gums for about a month now but they are taking their precious time cutting through. As soon as they do, I am starting him on real food. He is eating a lot and is getting hungrier more often (2.5 hours instead of 3 to 3 1/2).
Breakfast - two things of fruit
Lunch - veggie and 8 oz bottle
Afternoon snack - 8 oz bottle
Dinner - veggie and 8 oz bottle
Bedtime - cereal and 8 oz bottle

Since it has gotten colder out, Brandon's cradle cap has gotten worse and worse. This past week we tried using baby oil and a comb to get it out. Not only did it not work but I had to wash his hair twice to get all the oil out. So, Nathan went and got some Selson Blue the other night...it worked!! YAY!!! Nathan used a comb and combed it out. It looked like shredded cheese it was so think on his head! Gross, I know!!!! Ugh. I couldn't do it!!! Thanks, Nathan! =)

I am loving watching Brandon's personality develop. He is so laid back and easy to please. He loves being around people and will go to anyone. We are so blessed and enjoy every minute that we have with him!!!


Meg

1 comment:

ABCDMomma said...

SO FUN!! I found you on here through one of my friends from church. Look at your little fella getting so big! Any crazy times or growth spurts to watch out for??