Sunday, March 7, 2010

LifeGroup

Nathan is teaching a LifeGroup (topical small group) at church on Sunday nights. Tonight was our first meeting and I am definitely the luckiest girl in the world! =) As a group we are reading "30 Days to Understanding the Bible." Ok, is that REALLY possible??? That was my overly sarcastic thinking when he told me he had been asked to lead the study. I was a bit cynical and not very encouraging (sorry, Nathan).


My purpose for attending the group tonight was just to be there in case a room full of somen showed up...atleast then it wouldn't be AS awkward/uncomfortable for him. Since we weren't sure how many had signed up for the study we had NO IDEA what to expect.

I dropped Brandon off at his childcare class before going to where our class was meeting. I was BLOWN AWAY when I saw twenty people ready to hear how to better understand God's Word. Nathan did a GREAT job leading (which did not shock me at all) and there was lots of response. I left the group ready to start reading the book and looking forward to discussion next week. My heart was changed and I am excited about the next six weeks!

I am so proud of Nathan and his leadership! He is so passionate about the Word and he is just as passionate about teaching it...how encouraging that is to me!



Meg

No comments: