Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nine Months Old

Brandon weighed 19 lbs 3 oz at his six month check-up. He went for his nine month today and weighs 22 lbs 9 oz. He hasn't grown much in length so he is at 75th percentile in weight and still at 95-100 in length (30 inches). His blood work and exam were great but his shots were TERRIBLE...the worst yet for sure. He cried for a few minutes, then stopped, remembered what happened, cried some more...on and on for about ten minutes. He came home and took a great nap!

Before his shots...such a happy little man


This picture was taken before he had his finger pricked for blood work. This was definitely the most entertaining part of my day! Well, not the fact that he got his finger pricked but how he reacted to the band-aid that was put on his finger. Oh dear!!! From when he got the blood drawn until he fell asleep at naptime, he was AMAZED by the band-aid. He talked to it, tried to shake it off, kept using that hand to do everything so he could see it in action I guess. The funny think about that is that the "boo boo" was on his left hand...he does everything with his right hand. All of a sudden he was left handed and loving it! =) After naptime I decided it was time for the band-aid to come off. It was a good laugh while it lasted though!!!

He has slept better the last couple nights (knock on wood). The pediatrician said he probably is just going through a growth spurt. We might be on the downhill side of it now (cross my fingers).

Brandon is eating more table foods. I still feed him stage 3 veggies (baby food) just to make sure he gets enough of those but he does great with hot dogs, deli meat, grilled chicken, french fries (HE LOVES FRENCH FRIES), and most fruits. He is a good little eater and I am so thankful for that! Hopefully it will continue for a while.

I had to dig his 18-month clothes out today...sad, but true. He can still wear a lot of his 12-month pants but a lot of his shirts are too short. It's crazy to think that my nine month old son is wearing 18-month clothes but that's ok...he is a growing, healthy boy!!!

He is continuing to crawl and pull up on EVERYTHING. He is starting to walk along the couch, chairs, or whatever he is pulled up on. It won't be long before he tries to let go and take off.

Brandon is precious and we are so BLESSED to have such a sweet baby boy! One of the things I love doing with him is reading books. He loves it!!! He has gotten to where he will get a book out of his toy box and either lay it on the floor and crawl to me...that means, "Go get that book and read it to me"...or he will scoot it over to me. It is the sweetest thing!!! I hope he will let me read to him for MANY more years!



Meg

No comments: