Thursday, December 2, 2010

Since You've Been Gone

Nathan left for Knoxville on Monday and he comes home tomorrow night!! Life is different when Daddy isn't around. Brandon has asked about him a couple times. Yesterday at breakfast he saw a picture of Nathan. He looked at me, smiled, pointed to the picture and said, "Daddy!" Ever since then he has either looked for him after naptime or sat at looked at his picture. It's kind of sad but it confirms how much he loves his Daddy!!!

I made the mistake of putting Nathan on speakerphone today when he called. Of course, Brandon heard him and I made it a big deal..."Say hey to Daddy", "Miss you. Love you", etc. He was fussy for a solid hour. Ok, maybe not an HOUR but it was long enough for me to feel sorry for the boy.



I needed to go to Dollar Tree and I thought that might calm him down - you know, remove him from the situation. hahaha yeah right. He cried the entire way to Dollar Tree and continued IN THE STORE. He never does that, thank goodness, so I did what any good mother would do and went down the toy aisle! =) He ended up with a nerf football which is the last thing he needed but for the rest of the night he loved Mama and forgot that Daddy was just a phone call away.

Going to bed with his new football


I love my babies but their Daddy is my #1 and our home isn't the same without him here!!




Meg

No comments: