Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Heart is Happy...and Sad

I went to a Body Pump class at the Y this morning. Since the class was at 10:30, we didn't get home until 11:45 or so. Naptime is at noon so Brandon was ready as soon as we walked in the door. I convinced him to eat lunch by turning on the Wiggles and heating up leftover penne pasta (one of his faves). You're probably thinking, "Bless his heart. You should have just put him in bed." I could have but knowing Brandon he would have slept an hour and woken up screaming because he was hungry. So, I took care of that before it could happen. He ate his pasta and strawberries (another fave), took his plate and left the living room. When I took my dishes to the kitchen, this is what I saw...


I have a gate on the entry way to the kitchen so he had laid his plate on the counter. Precious!! I didn't ask him to do that. I guess he wanted to make Mama happy...well, it worked!!!


My heart is sad...Carson woke up from his nap running a 101 fever...that was at 2:30. It's 10:15 now and the fever hasn't broken. He has had some labored breathing and is lethargic. I called the on-call pediatrician from our practice. He said that if it (the labored breathing) got worse then we need to take him to Vanderbilt. Otherwise, I am supposed to call at 7:00am to get him to the doctor ASAP. I hate seeing my babies sick =(. Hopefully we can get a good night's rest and take care of it tomorrow. Who am I kidding??? I will be up every hour just to watch him breathe...oh, to be a Mommy! I love it...even during times like this!






Meg

No comments: