Tuesday, May 19, 2009

36 weeks...

I had a doctor's appointment and ultrasound today. My doctor wanted to check the baby's weight and fluid levels to make sure his weight wasn't too high and his fluids weren't too low. Fortunately, his fluids look great. He has dropped and his head is down...I think he is ready to come see Mama! =) My doctor was very encouraging in saying that he looks healthy and ready.

Before the ultrasound tech and doctor would tell me any stats, the ultrasound tech said, "You haven't bought any newborn clothes have you?" The doctor added to that, "If you have then you might want to find another place for them." Brandon is weighing eight pounds right now. Four weeks away from his delivery date and at 96th percentile!! These last four weeks are the biggest growth spurt so I was comforted (notice the sarcasm) to know that in four weeks he could easily weigh ten pounds.

I love this picture!!! You can see his face and he is holding his hand up to his forehead. Look at those cheeks - hahahaha I just want to squeeze 'em! =)


I am going back next week for another check-up. Then, if I haven't had him in two weeks, then I am going for another check-up and ultrasound. At that point, I will be 38-weeks. Depending on his size, we will discuss my delivery options.

I washed all of his clothes yesterday and I have picked out what I want him to wear at the hospital. I am ready for him to be here, but I am trying to be patient. I want him to be as healthy as he needs to be and if that means I carry him 40-weeks then so be it...I say that now, but I might be singing a different tune in two weeks!!


Meg

3 comments:

Leslie Robus said...

So wonderful! I can't wait for ours to get here and I am only at 14 weeks!

melissa said...

yay!! I'm so glad he is healthy and ready. I'll pray the ultrasound estimate was way off and he is a good 7 lbs or so:) haha.. baby Jack might be heading in the same direction though.. he was 13 oz at the last ultrasound and avg seemed to be about 9 oz for that time. He gets it honestly I guess :( especially if i keep eating like i am..

Nathan and Meg said...

I have heard that big babies are more fun b/c they don't feel so fragile...it's ok if Jack is big, too. Then you just put him on a workout schedule at 6-weeks! =)