Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Brandon Update

Since my last doctor's appointment, I have walked almost every night. I was SO sure that the exercise would convince Brandon to come to Mama! =) Well, he isn't going anywhere. I went to the doctor today and we are going to spend another week just waiting. If Brandon hasn't decided to make his appearance by next Wednesday (June 3), then I they are going to do an ultrasound to check his size. The next step will be determined after that ultrasound.

One thing I haven't mentioned in my updates is my weight loss. I was up to 25 lbs at one point in the pregnancy. As of today, I have gained a total of 11.5 lbs! It's easy to assume that the gestational diabetes diet has caused me to lose weight, but, honestly, over the fast few weeks I haven't been as disciplined in staying on that diet plan. I am still keeping up with my blood sugar count and monitoring to make sure it doesn't get too high, but I am getting my fix of ice cream and chocolate milk!! Brandon has continued to gain weight...he is a little piggie, eating everything he can!! =) As of last week, he weighed 8 lbs so I guess I am literally ALL BABY!! That's ok with me as long as he is healthy.

I have finished all my projects...we are ready for him to come home!! Here are the final pictures-
View from the hallway

Ok, I lied...I still have one more project. I need to put these clothes away! =)






My good friend, Jonie, was so kind in giving us the baby bed!! It's so nice and it looks great in the baby room. She also gave us a pack-n-play that she didn't need anymore. I have set that up in the living room/dining area and someone thinks it's his new bed...




Eli has no idea how much his little world is about to change! =)


I am continuing to patiently wait. Even after the months of bedrest and partial bedrest/limited activity, this is definitely the hardest part...the waiting!



Meg

No comments: