Monday, May 4, 2009

Baby Room Phase I

Nathan put the baby bed together this past week (yay) so over the weekend, I started doing what I love to do - cleaning and organizing! I mentioned in a previous post that I had attempted to be patient in not allowing the baby room to be priority until Nathan got finished with school. His finals are this week so I almost made it! =) Over the past few months, I have been collecting things for the room and just keeping everything stacked up behind closed doors. Here is what the baby room looked like before this past weekend:

Baby shower gifts...they are stacked nice and neat in the living room but I was ready to unpack them and put everything in its place.

This is what was behind closed doors.

S-T-R-E-S-S


The walls are still bare, because I haven't gotten the wall decor yet, but I am hoping to get started on that this week. Apart from decorations, Brandon's room is complete!! All clothes have been hung (still need washing) and all baby items are in their proper place.

The first books on his bookshelf!! =) Thanks, Mrs. Sheila!
His little closet.
These are the colors of his room (eventually)

The picture above the rocking chair was done by Daddy Bill (my grandfather)...Brandon William is named after him so I thought it was PERFECT to hang that picture in his room.

View from the hallway

I am going to paint these letters and hang them above his bed. Yes, Mimi, it's so we will be able to remember his name! =)


There is still lots to be done, but I am excited!!! I could go out today and buy the last few things I need, but I won't. I have to remember that my doctor wants to me limit my activity. Going on a shopping spree probably isn't what he considers "taking it easy." So, the project of the day is...curtains.

I will be 34-weeks preggo tomorrow. In just a few short weeks, baby Brandon William will be here!! I can't wait to finally meet the little man!!

Meg

No comments: