Thursday, May 21, 2009

Walking and Waiting

Yesterday was Nathan's off day this week and we spent it relaxing and hanging out with good friends. Yesterday must have been an "off day" for me because I didn't even make the bed which is VERY rare!!

We started our day by going to lunch at Buckhead Mountain Grill (http://eatatbuckheads.com/). I had been there when I worked in downtown Louisville but Nathan had never been. We were a little rushed for time because we had plans with our friends, Kevin and Lindsey, afterwards but it was great and we will definitely have to go back.

Kevin and Lindsey are moving at the end of this month as Kevin has accepted a lead pastor position at a church in Tennessee. We are so excited for them and the great things ahead but they will be missed!

Kevin, Lindsey and Anna Kate Cheatham


They have sold their house and they are in the process of packing everything up so they can close on it next week. In an effort to help with everything, Nathan and I went over to their house after lunch yesterday. Anna Kate is their eight month old and one of the cutest baby girls ever!! Since I am mego preggo, I am not able to help with boxes or anything but I was able to help keep Anna Kate occupied for a while so Lindsey would be free to pack.

We got home late yesterday afternoon and I wasn't feeling too good. Lately, I have been feeling nauseas. I definitely think it's just part of the pregnancy, so I just go on and accept that's just how it is, but yesterday it kept me down for a few hours. I hated feeling that way on Nathan's day off work but he was very gracious in letting me rest.

Two nights ago we started walking. Because of my blood pressure issues, I haven't been able to exercise much at all. Since my appointment on Tuesday when Dr. Link said everything looked great, I have kept an eye on my blood pressure and we have made it a point to walk a mile at night. I don't think Brandon is in any hurry to come see me since my contractions are still far apart and not very strong. I will continue being patient, but I will do whatever I can to move the process along! =)

Five more days until my next appointment. These weeks seem to be getting longer and longer as I anxiously await Brandon's birthday. It's only a matter of time.


Meg

No comments: