Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh, the JOYS!!!

I experienced something yesterday that I hope never happens again...it's doubtful but I can always hope, right?!

Brandon took a great nap yesterday afternoon. He normally wakes up talking and laughing and yesterday was no different. I walked into his room to get him, turned on the light, walked to his bed...and it happened! I stepped in a puddle...yes, of pee!!!! Oh.my.goodness. Within a second of stepping in it, I realized that Brandon had taken his diaper off during nap time! Then my next thought, "Whew!! Well, at least he got it on the floor and not all over the bedding!" WRONG. Apparently, he took the entire 2-hour nap without a diaper because his bed was soaked. Gross.

I picked him up, carried him at an arms length to the changing table, wiped him down, then took him straight to the bathtub! I stripped his bed and put everything through the wash cycle twice.



I sat Carson down and gave him a lecture about how everything is supposed to stay nice and neat. No messes. Hahahahaha!! I hope you know I am kidding. It didn't take very long after Brandon was born for me to realize that Mommyhood is full of dirties and messes. And that's ok. It makes the day interesting and breaks the monotony of my days! =)

I do love my boys...UNCONDITIONALLY!!!



Meg

No comments: