Sunday, January 2, 2011

From Christmas till now...

We have had more computer issues but I think they are resolved so...here's to catching up in the blogging world.

We spent Christmas in Jackson. It was SO MUCH NICER driving 120 miles instead of 300! It was easier on the boys which made it much easier on us! We were there from Thursday, the 23rd, until Christmas night. Nathan preached the day after Christmas so we had to get back to Nashville but we had a great time with family! We were able to attend the Christmas Eve candlelight service at FBC Jackson which I haven't been to in 4 years.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear Nathan preach that Sunday because Brandon had some funkiness going on with his eye. I was scheduled to sing at church so someone was kind enough to watch him in confinement while I sang and then I took the boys home. I took him to the doctor on Monday morning...the nurse said it wasn't pink eye but just a cold in his eyes. She gave him prescription drops that knocked it out in 24 hours.

If I haven't already said this, I love Nathan's new job. He works Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00! He hasn't had a job like that for the five years I have known him. Since we are working with the apartment ministry, his work hours allow us more time to plan and organize which makes me happy! =)

He gets holidays off which is SO nice...so, he had Friday (New Years Eve) off. It was 64degrees (CRAZY) so we went to Hendersonville to hang out with the Hollis crew. They have a huge yard and it was the perfect day to play outside.


Brandon ate one too many chocolate covered marshmallows

Gavin getting some Mommy lovin'

Tommy and Nate playing "Just Dance" on the Wii...HILARIOUS!!!

Sweet Carson laughing at Sunniee

Graciee trying to ride the twins mini 4-wheeler =)

So, that's an overview of the last couple weeks. Hopefully our computer/internet issues are resolved for good and I can get this up-to-date.

Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

catching up on your blog. so excited about hubbys job! Keep praying for us. your 2 boys are adorable and I knew that we were very similar but didn't realize how much till reading your SS office post. miss and love you. want to catch up....sooner rather than later....I'll keep you posted.