Friday, January 14, 2011

Sick Day

We are very blessed to have two healthy baby boys! Neither one of them has been sick other than the seasonal cold. Ok, I lied. Brandon had an ear infection last year. I am really just thankful that neither one of them has had a stomach bug or any other reason to vomit...I HATE VOMIT!! I mean, I don't know anyone that enjoys it but I can't handle it.

Well, the 19-months of never having a sick baby ended last night/early this morning. Brandon goes to bed at 8:30 and sleeps until atleast 7:30. Every once in a while he will sleep until 8:30 or 9:00. He doesn't wake up in the middle of the night unless something is wrong...well, at 2:30 this morning something was definitely wrong. He let out a LOUD SCREAM that got Nathan out of the bed with a quickness. Before I could get in there I knew that he was sick...ugh.

Somehow I clicked into Mama mode and did what I needed to do to help get him cleaned up and back in bed. Nathan is so great because it didn't phase him at all. Maybe he should be the designated parent that handles issues such as this. After Brandon was back in bed I had to go sit in the living room for a little while because I was convinced that I was going to be sick! hahahahaha Yeah, I'm that big of a wuss!

Anyway, he woke up again at 6:00 but this time he was up for good. Awesome. Our day was VERY laid back as he spent most of the day laying on the living room floor watching TV. On a normal day, I let him watch an hour or so of TV then I try to make it a point to play on the floor with him, read books, etc. Well, today was an exception and the TV was on all day...I have seen more Wiggles episodes than I care to admit! =)



He didn't eat much of anything all day. I made sure he drank lots of liquids but he had no desire to eat. When Nathan and I were sitting down to eat dinner he came in the dining room and walked straight to his high chair. I gave him some jello and mashed potatoes. He went to bed at his normal time and seemed to be feeling much better. Hopefully, he sleeps GREAT tonight and is back to his playful, hyper self tomorrow! I missed my little buddy today!



Meg

1 comment:

Valerie Bowman said...

'mama mode' helps us do so much we never thought we'd be able to do...

Aren't little ones just so pitiful when they're sick like that?? Poor things don't know what's happening!