Thursday, February 3, 2011

A day in the life of...

Today wasn't much different than any other day. Carson slept until 7:00 and Brandon until 8:00. I had a Zumba class at 9:30 so I got the boys ready, fed them breakfast, then started getting ready to head to the Y.

Brandon loves watching the Sprout channel. The Wiggles, Barney, and Caillou are his favorite shows. The Wiggles and Barney are two shows that I SWORE I would never let my children watch but...I caved. They aren't THAT bad and most episodes are only 15 minutes so I can handle it!

When I am getting ready in the morning, I let the boys hang out in my room and watch TV. Little Carson just tags along! =)

Carson taking a minute to give me that HUGE grin while watching cartoons with Brandon


Laying in my room watching TV...apparently in a trance! =)


We left the Y around 10:45 and headed home. I fed the boys lunch and put them down for naps.

Carson hanging out while I get Brandon ready for nap time...so sweet!


They both slept about 2 1/2 hours which is GLORIOUS!!!! I knew we had to go to the grocery store after naps so I spent a good chunk of that time making my menu for the next week and writing out my grocery list. The rest of nap time was spent RESTING!!

Since Brandon was a newborn I have taken him to the grocery store with me. Sure, it would have made sense to leave him with Nathan and go at night but he always did really well and I didn't mind taking him. Since having Carson, I have gone after putting them to bed on two occasions. They are both VERY well behaved and it doesn't bother me to take them. Now, ask me again in a year and I might give you a totally different story! =)



We got home from the grocery a few minutes before Nathan got home from work. Neither one of us wanted to wait for me to unload the groceries and find something to cook so Nathan stopped at Jimmy John's on the way home and got sandwiches. Yum!

I got a pickle with my sandwich. Brandon LOVES pickles so he was excited!! =)

Sitting in Mama's chair eating a big ol' pickle...silly boy!

Carson thought he needed some too.



Neither one of my boys makes a face when eating pickles, lemons, etc. which is NO FUN!!! =)

I am SO ready for spring so we can go outside and play!!!



Meg

No comments: