Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Burnt Bacon

Today was a rainy, nasty day so I decided I wanted breakfast for dinner. It's quick, easy, and clean up is just the same - quick and easy. I made waffles, eggs, and bacon. I put several strips of bacon on the stove and started getting the things together to start the waffles. The bacon finished and I noticed there were only a few strips left in the package so I went ahead and put them on to cook. I turned around to start tending to the waffle maker and TOTALLY forgot I had put more bacon in the skillet.

TOO LATE!!! The next thing I knew there was smoke everywhere and the fire alarm was going off. Ha!! No worries. I got a towel and started fanning around the fire alarm in an effort to make it stop. In the meantime, Brandon was watching my every move and looking wide-eyed trying to figure out what was going on. For all of you smart alecs out there, my setting off the alarm doesn't happen often so he didn't know what was going on! =)

Anyway, I opened the patio door and turned on a fan and all was well. A couple hours later, I notice Brandon walking around with the towel that I had used. I walked into the hallway and he was using the towel to fan the fire alarm...hahahahaha! It was so cute but a little scary!! He noticed and REMEMBERED what I had done. Hopefully I can keep that as a mental note in the years to come -- He DOES notice the little things we do and he WILL do them too!!!





Meg

No comments: