Thursday, February 10, 2011

SNOW DAY

Yesterday's forecast was snow...and a few inches of it. I don't think anybody expected what we were going to get. Well, maybe you did but it caught us off guard. It takes Nathan about thirty minutes to get home from work, so when it started snowing at 3:00 yesterday I sent him a text that suggested he leave a little early. I could see the interstate from our living room window and traffic was already moving slowly. It's not that he didn't WANT to leave early...he just couldn't, so he left at 5:30. Well, he started the journey home that ended at 10:00!!!!

I watched the news and looked online and I could tell that interstate traffic was INSANE so he went a back way. Unfortunately, he didn't have any luck with that either. To make a long story short, his car stalled on an icy road...his cell phone died...he walked quite a distance to a stranger's house to use their phone (thankful for their hospitality)...our pastor and another church member went and got him (thanks, Chuck and Jeff)! He finally got home 4 1/2 hours after leaving work. Poor thing.

He was home with us most of the morning today. PRAISE THE LORD his car was right where he left it last night!! So, he went and got it today and was able to go to work this afternoon. Like most days this winter (I am SO ready for spring), we played inside because it was WAY too cold to go outside...besides, Brandon still isn't too fond of the snow.








Because of the snow and ice this morning, I wasn't able to make it to my 9:30 Zumba class. Sad day!! But, no worries, there was a 4:00 class this afternoon! Oh but more sad news! The instructor couldn't get out of her driveway and wasn't able to come in. No instructor = no Zumba. I was not a happy girl! So, I pouted for a few minutes then decided to walk a mile or so on the track. Yeah, it was NOTHING compared to Zumba but what is?




Meg

No comments: