Monday, February 21, 2011

Yet I Will Praise

I have had a few opportunities to lead worship since we have moved to Nashville. Faith Church has been such a blessing as I have been able to do things a little out of my comfort zone...it's a blessing to do things out of our comfort zone? Yes. It's during those times that I am FULLY dependent on God because there is no way that I could do it apart from Him!

This past Sunday morning brought more anxiety than ever before. I prayed the whole way to church and by the time the guitarist and I sang through the music I had such a peace. Chuck (the pastor) centered the worship service around praise. What does it look like to have a lifestyle of praise? What enables us to praise Him in the shadows? It was a great time of reflecting on who He is and who we are in Him regardless of our circumstances.

I was able to share a brief testimony about how God has revealed Himself to me during dark times and how I have CHOSEN (because it is a choice) to praise Him during those seasons. When Nathan graduated from seminary in 2009, Brandon was six months old. I was a stay-at-home mom which has its advantages but it can have its disadvantages. I had no idea how lonely mommyhood could be! I loved it (and still do) but I struggled. Nathan had started the job hunt for a ministry position and I was trying to be an encouragement to him but it was hard!! I was ready to leave Louisville and start the next phase of our journey.

I had to choose to praise God regardless of my circumstances. That usually meant listening to worship music during naptime and just reflecting on His goodness even when I didn't feel like it. It meant seeking out God-glorifying relationships. It meant praising Him through the reading of His word. There were so many days that I could have had a little pity party and I am sure I did on several occassions but I tried my hardest to praise Him in the midst of that dark time.

This is a song we sang...LOVE IT! (If you can't see the video, it's "Yet I Will Praise" by Vineyard - YouTube it)





Meg

No comments: