Monday, April 13, 2009

Gatlinburg Days 3 & 4

After a relaxing weekend in Gatlinburg, Nathan and I are back in Louisville and into our normal routine. Nathan had to go to work this morning and has class tonight and I, of course, am hanging out at home. I go back to the doctor on Thursday and hoping to get a good report so I can return to all normal activity.

The last two days in Gatlinburg were very eventful. Saturday, we started the day with family photos. My mom has our full family photo on her camera so once I get that I will post it. I got some cute pictures of the kiddos.

Graciee and Austin

Tommy and the girls

Austin

Graciee and Sunniee

Austin, Sunniee and Graciee


That afternoon, we headed to the aquarium. Tiffany and Tommy had been before but without the kids so they were excited about them seeing the shark exhibit. It was a pretty nice aquarium.

Shark!

Look at the face on this shark! =)

Look at all the fish

Graciee in a shark's mouth

Sunniee

Sting ray - is he smiling at me???

Spider crab...Jonathan said he wanted to boil it up and eat it. GROSS!

Sunniee outside the aquarium


We had parked our cars in a parking garage across the street from the aquarium. I should have headed back to the car after the aquarium visit but I was hard-headed and decided to walk to "Ripley's Believe It or Not" with everyone else. I made it about ten minutes up the street before I started getting a headache and feeling nauseous. Nathan and I decided to sit on a bench while the others walked and I eventually agreed to go back to the car. We took our time stopping as needed but we eventually made it. Just about the time we got back to the car, I got a text from Mama asking if we wanted to meet them for dinner within the hour. So, Nathan and I went ahead and drove the the restaurant. I had my blood pressure machine in the car so I was able to check it. Unfortunately, it was high. We sat in the car and in the restaurant until the rest of the family got there. By that time, the nausea had passed but I still had a headache which usually means my blood pressure is still high. We had a great dinner at Alamo's and then headed back to the cabin.


I started getting worried at dinner because I hadn't felt the baby move in quite a while. I had felt him a little bit that morning when we were taking pictures but by the time we got back to the cabin it had been eight hours or so. I didn't freak out too much. I decided to lay down (on my left side, of course hahaha) and get some rest acknowledging that I had probably done too much that day. I took about a two hour nap and woke up feeling much better. It took a while for my blood pressure to go back down but the headache was gone and I was feeling somewhat normal. However, the baby still wasn't moving. I know all pregnancies are different and I have noticed patterns of movement in our little one. Whenever I sit down or lay down he always moves no matter how active I have been that day. After taking a two hour nap and still not feeling any movement, I started getting paranoid.

I went to the kitchen and fixed a glass of Coke. I haven't had caffeine at all since I got pregnant. Ok, that's a lie. I will take sips of Nathan's when we are at dinner or something but I never just sit down with a can of Coke. I had heard that drinking caffeine will make the baby move, so I decided to try it. No success.

At this point I was tossing and turning on the couch trying to get the baby to move. Nathan and my mom suggested that I call the on-call doctor and see what they suggested I do. Luckily, the on-call doctor was my doctor!!! When I told him the situation, he asked about my blood pressure. It was normal so he wasn't too concerned. He suggested that I lay on my left side and eat some chocolate. Hahahahahahaha not a problem since I hadn't had chocolate in WEEKS!!! =) He said to give it an hour and if the baby still didn't move to give him a call back. Mama gave me a Reese's peanut butter cup (yum) and I laid on my left side. Sure enough, within a half hour or so, Baby Moore started moving! He didn't move very much but the doctor said that one movement an hour is enough. I got that one movement and that was all I got until the next morning.

I hated that we had to spend our last night of vacation in a paranoid state. The doctor had told me that I could go on vacation but I still needed to relax as much as possible. I guess he knows what he is talking about and I was just hard-headed.

The next morning was Easter Sunday. We had to be out of the cabin by 10:00am so we got up and packed and had a good time watching the girls hunt for easter eggs around the cabin.

These are Sunniee's easter eggs and candies...the organization blessed my heart! =)


The girls hunting for eggs

Sunniee


We ate breakfast at the Log Cabin Pancake House which was very good!!! From here we went our separate ways. Nathan and I told everyone "bye" knowing that the next time we would see them would be when we had Baby Moore (we really need to come up with a name hahahaha)!! How exciting!!!

We had a great weekend and are so thankful that we were able to go. Mama and Daddy, thank you SO much for all that you do!!! We love you!!!

Meg

No comments: