Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Preggo Dreams

About two months ago, I started having the weirdest dreams. I call them my "preggo dreams" because they are SO weird and before being pregnant I never remembered my dreams. Nathan has been telling me I need to write these down because some of them are so ridiculous. For example, one night I had a dream that I was being thrown into the Atlantic Ocean to dive for paper clips. Whenever I went under water there were sharks all around me, so I would come back up...that's when I would wake up.
Since being diagnosed with gestational diabetes, my dreams have kind of calmed down. I guess wheat bread and yogurt doesn't cause a stir like ice cream before bed! =) Well, last night I had THE craziest dream yet. I was at the doctor's office which really wasn't my doctor's office. It was more like a house with hospice type care there. I was supposed to be there for a routine check-up but the doctor never let me hear the baby's heartbeat. I was getting frustrated and concerned thinking something was wrong when all of a sudden they started wheeling my bed down this long staircase to a basement...a basement full of FOOD!!!!
I never had to get out of bed. Instead, they ran my finger under this needle forcing me to draw blood so they could check my blood sugar. Then, they wheeled me around this GIGANTIC cafeteria where I could pick out any food I wanted. I was so overwhelmed but sad - all the food was stuff I wasn't allowed to have!! So, I had to grab a chicken leg from this amazing buffet and tell them that's all I wanted. As I was being wheeled out of the basement, I saw fresh, out of the oven chocolate chip cookies and snuck a bite - shhh the nurse didn't see me! =)
I got back up to my room and the doctor was there waiting on me. He never let me hear the baby's heartbeat, but told me that I was being rushed to labor and delivery because my blood sugar was too high. That's when I woke up...
Can someone interpret this for me?!?!??!?! =)


Meg

1 comment:

Alicia Beth said...

this doesn't seem strange to me at all.of course,I'm not the one who had the dream :) The thing about you staying in your hospital bed refers to your bedrest. The whole food thing is just your subconscience since you've had to watch your diet. Not hearing the baby's heartbeat is just your fear of baby Moore being healthy.
Hope this helps !! Can't wait to see pics of the little one that's causing all this fuss :)