Monday, April 6, 2009

My WONDERFUL Husband

Nathan planned our trip to Atlanta several months ago. At that time he knew I would be seven months (and some) pregnant but he didn't know I would only be allowed limited activity. The last time I went to the doctor I made sure I could travel given my circumstances. I was told that traveling was okay for a few more weeks but that I needed to stop every hour to hour and a half to get out of the car and walk around and once I got to the destination I needed to rest as much as possible. Given those instructions I wondered how Atlanta would be fun. It's one of my favorite places to go and I wouldn't be able to do anything but sit in the hotel.

I was SO thankful that Nathan had planned this trip but I was even more thankful that he made modifications just for me! We left Friday night and drove to Nashville to stay with my sister. We had thought about driving to Atlanta and getting there really late but decided that breaking up the drive would be best. We got up early Saturday morning and started the drive to Atlanta. We stopped quite a few times along the way so I could get out and walk around, check my blood pressure, eat a snack, etc.

He had already booked a hotel in downtown Atlanta so that didn't have to change. We were within walking distance to anything we could possibly need.




One of our favorite things to do is attend sporting events. Phillips Arena was 0.7 miles from our hotel. Normally, this would have been a great little walk. The Marta (subway) was located right across the street from our hotel. We could have walked to the arena in a matter of minutes but Nathan planned for us to leave a little earlier so we could take the Marta. We got off the Marta and were in the parking lot of the arena...very well planned!!



Nathan bought tickets for the Atlanta Hawks vs Orlando Magic a while back. He got perfect seats...they were near the top row of the bottom section so I had to walk up about four stairs. Again, very thoughtful!!




Baby Boy Moore was introduced to sporting events and I don't know if he was loving it or hating it. He kicked the ENTIRE game. At one point, Nathan looked down and could see him kicking through my shirt. He was either cheering or saying, "Tell them to shut up...and turn that music down." =)



Sunday morning we were packed and ready in time to eat breakfast and be on the road by 10:00am. Unlike Friday night, we didn't have the opportunity to break up the drive since Nathan had to work and go to class on Monday. So, Nathan planned a scenic route back which was very relaxing and enjoyable. We both enjoy taking the scenic route when we go places but normally we like to get out and hike a trail or picnic somewhere. I did pack snacks for the car but hiking was not an option.

We stopped at a couple state parks along the way for me to get out and walk around. Nathan walked a couple short trails so that he could take a few pictures. Our first stop was at Amicalola Falls State Park.




Then, we stopped at Fort Mountain State Park. The first picture is of our car (bottom right corner). That's where I was since I couldn't walk to the overlook. Nathan thought it would be funny to take that.





We stopped in Dalton, GA to eat our anniversary meal at O'Charley's. After that, we got on the interstate and headed home. When we got home I checked my blood pressure expecting it to be high but it was normal - yay!!

Thank you, Nathan, for planning our anniversary weekend!!! Sorry we had to cut a few things out but I had a great time - you're the best! I love you!


Meg

No comments: