Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mommy Wisdom

Two of my good friends, Kim and Sarah, met me at Target yesterday to help me start my baby registry. I had asked Nathan if this is something he wanted to take part in and he was very supportive of the girl outing!! =) He is excited about Baby Moore (still no name) but he isn't really interested in the bedding and pacifier selections. He trusts me! =)

While I was getting all the information I needed from the customer service desk, Kim asked me if I needed/wanted a cart. You know, one of those carts people drive around the store if they are disabled or not able to walk around. It was a great idea since I am still on partial bedrest and need to watch my activity levels but that was the last thing I wanted to do. I agreed that if I started feeling bad I would get one. I made it through the evening without needing it - thank goodness! =)

There is so much stuff that new mommies need that I had NO CLUE about (buttpaste being my favorite new discovery...hahahaha). Kim has a daughter so she shared her "mommy wisdom" when it came to the necessity of certain things. It was definitely a blessing having her there! Sarah and her husband, Chuck, don't have any children YET (this year, right Sarah? haha...that's a joke) but, like me, she learned a lot about baby products and what's REALLY necessary in the life of an infant.

After registering, we went and ate dinner at Red Lobster! I love Red Lobster...but even more, I love their rolls. Yeah, well, I can't have those for a while so I brought them home to Nathan. I hadn't eaten dinner out since the gestational diabetes diagnosis so I was really nervous on what to order. I ended up getting two pieces of grilled chicken and a baked potato. I checked my blood sugar two hours later and it was normal - yay!!

Thanks for a helpful and entertaining (always entertaining with you two) evening out.


Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what buttpaste is but I am not administering that to my child.

Nathan