Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feeling SO much better

Since last Wednesday I have felt like a new woman! =) The doctor permitted me to "sit elsewhere" and I have done just that and loved it. Looking at the same four walls all day was getting old and kind of depressing so it's nice to have other options.

I went to church this past Sunday for the first time in over a month and that was very refreshing. For me, it's so much more worshipful to attend the services instead of depending on the televised program. We have been so thankful for our church family who has gone and above and beyond by providing meals and their presence. There have been several days where friends have stopped by just to sit and chat for a while. That has been just as a necessity as the meals. Thanks, y'all!!

I went to my Gestational Diabetes Consultation today. It was very encouraging as I learned more about what I can and can't eat. The past couple weeks I have depended on wheat bread/crackers, cheese, milk and bananas! =) It's great to know that those are just a few of the MANY foods I can eat during the remainder of the pregnancy. I was given a glucose monitoring kit so that I can check my blood sugar level four times a day. I tested my blood sugar all day today and it looks great! Hopefully I can keep that up and continue to get positive feedback at the doctor's office.

Nathan and I are leaving for Atlanta Friday. We are driving to Hendersonville to stay with my sister Friday night then driving the remainder of the way on Saturday. I am looking forward to a weekend away from Louisville and celebrating my one-year anniversary with my best friend!


Meg

No comments: