Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bitter? Sweet?

It's hard to believe that at this time next week we will have the moving truck loaded and we will be getting ready for a good night's rest (yeah right...I will be going over things in my head and imagining where that truck load of stuff is going to go in our new place) so we can make the move to Nashville the next morning.

At this point, it's more bitter than sweet...for me anyway. We drove across town to get some moving boxes (free boxes from craigslist...love it) and I realized that everything familiar to us is here. Sure, I am from Tennessee and Nathan is from Alabama, so in many ways Louisville is not "home." But, as a couple and family, everything familiar to us is here. This is where we met, established a great friendship, dated, got engaged, settled as newlyweds, birthed our babies, served together at church, etc. I am so excited about our opportunity in Nashville and I know that God is going to continue to bless us but at this point in the process, it would be a lot more COMFORTABLE to stay here...and comfort is not always the best thing.

I am so appreciative for the words of encouragement that we have received the past few weeks. "We are happy for y'all but sad for us" is a phrase I hear often. So sweet!!! I am sad for us too, though. We have made great friends here and we don't take the relationships for granted.

I will keep you posted as we continue to pack and make the transition...did you doubt that I would let you miss any of the excitement?!?! =)



Meg

No comments: