Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cafe Mom & Couponing

On Tuesday mornings, I am part of a moms group at church. It's called Cafe Mom and it's a great source of encouragement from women who have been there done that OR are in the child-raising trenches too.

Yesterday was my last time to attend Cafe Mom and it was AMAZING!!! The speaker was Anna McMullen. We were involved in a leadership training a few months ago and I knew that she was a couponer but I had NO IDEA how awesome she is at what she does!!!

Proverbs 31:11, "The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain." A couple of the women in the group work from home but the majority of us are stay-at-home moms which means a lot of us are in charge of the grocery shopping, finances, clothes shopping, etc. It is important that we give our husbands reason to trust us with these things. Anna spoke to us from the perspective of finances and how we can save our families money with couponing.

Take a look at her BLOG if you are interested in learning more about couponing and/or other ways to save your family money.

We met in small groups after Anna's "motivational speech"! =) Here is a list of websites that I compiled based on Anna's info and the conversation in our small group. These sites are places to find deals.


I use coupons but I don't save NEAR as much as Anna does!!! She said it takes a lot of time and organization. Ok, so I don't have a lot of spare time BUT I am organized so...maybe I can get better at this couponing thing! =)



Meg

1 comment:

Valerie Bowman said...

Woohoo for couponing! I got into couponing just this January. My personal favorite sites are www.iheartpublix.com and www.couponingtodisney.com