Thursday, October 14, 2010

He said WHAT?!

This morning started out like most Thursdays...feed Carson, take a shower, dress the boys, get myself ready, go to Bible study at church. Brandon slept in later than normal this morning so we were running a few minutes late. I went to Bible study (highly recommended study of JONAH by Priscilla Shirer) while the boys played in the nursery - p.s. have I mentioned how much I LOVE and APPRECIATE the child care staff at Highview??!! Well, they are great and they do such a WONDERFUL job taking care of my sweet boys.

Ok, anyway, back to my day! After Bible study I walk down to the nursery to get the boys...first Carson. Nothing too exciting to report for an 11-week old! =) Then, down the hall to Brandon. His teacher (and my friend), Tammy, greeted me at the door with a huge grin..."Uhm, Brandon said a new word today." Oh. No. Face flushed. Nervous laughter. "Oh dear. What did he say?" She went on to tell me that he fell down and said, "S--T!" My response? NOTHING. I was shocked. First, I know I get frustrated and say things like, "Oh geez", "Aw man", "Shoot." She said that he continued to say it a few more times which makes this Mama even MORE PROUD! =)

This sweet angel said a cuss word?!!?!? (Brandon at two months) My baby would never do such a thing and never will!!! LOL

It turns out he was saying "Shoot." Ok, sigh of relief. I am not a bad mother BUT...lesson learned. I need to watch what I say and do around my boys. They notice everything!! And, obviously, they repeat it!




Meg

No comments: