Monday, October 11, 2010

...the Packing Continues

Last night I started packing and organizing books. Call me a dork, but I catalogued our books on an Excel spreadsheet. Let me explain! We have 1,000,000 books in our house which means we have bookshelves everywhere...STRESS!!! =) So, I made an executive decision...in our new place -- ONE BOOKSHELF in our bedroom...and that's it! So, last night I started sorting through books and with Nathan's help we decided which books would go on the bookshelf and which ones would go in our storage shed. I put books in the boxes which were numbered and created a spreadsheet (sorted by title) which listed the books and what box they are in. So, last night I tackled the bookshelf in our living room storage closet...today, the bookself in the bedroom. We are up to six boxes and many more books to go!

Nathan was off today so we did a lot more packing and organizing! We are moving two weeks from today so we are using his off days to get things ready. Today's challenge: Our bedroom. We cleaned out our walk-in closet which was INSANE!! We have so many clothes - it's ridiculous. So, the rule was: If you haven't worn it in two years, it goes to Goodwill.


So, this was our contribution to Goodwill today



How does Carson feel about all this????



We have SO MUCH to do but we are making baby steps to having everything packed by Sunday night, the 24th. Then, on Monday morning, the 25th, we are on our way to NASHVILLE!!!

Nathan has the next two days off so there will lots more pictures and packing updates! =)




Meg

No comments: