Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby Moore Updated

I went to the doctor this (Wednesday) morning. I knew that I was going to have an ultrasound. Apparently, high blood pressure can harm the growth of the baby, so the doctor wanted to check and make sure Baby Moore was developing normally. Praise the Lord that he looks great!! His heart rate is good and he is growing at a normal rate. He is still right on track for a June 16th due date.

You can see his face on the right side of the picture and his legs are pulled up to his chest. This is my favorite picture so far.


Unfortunately, even after a week and a half of bedrest, my blood pressure was even higher than it was before. The doctor is still concerned and hasn't been able to determine what is causing the rise in my blood pressure. He said that my platelet levels were normal which is a good sign when testing for preeclampsia. However, he decided to admit me into Labor & Delivery at the hospital to monitor me and baby for a few hours.

I was already scheduled for the glucose test in March so they went ahead and did that while I was at the clinic. The glucose test is routine during pregnancy, and it screens for gestational diabetes. I had blood work done for that, then Nathan and I headed to the Labor and Delivery unit at the hospital.

We were there for about three hours and everything is fine. My blood pressure stabilized as long as I laid on my left side. So, I am on bedrest until my next appointment on Tuesday. As far as I know I am just going in for a check-up and see what the next step is.

My mom is driving up from Jackson, TN tomorrow. I am SO excited, although I wish it were under different circumstances. I am not very entertaining when I am laying on my left side all day! =) LOVE YOU, MAMA!!!!

P.S. I want to say a great big "Thank You" for the flowers that were waiting for me when I got home from the hospital today. My work (Vocational Economics, Inc.) had flowers delivered and they are beautiful. Thank y'all so much!!!

Meg

No comments: