Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Latest Doctor Visit


I went to the doctor this morning. The past few times I have been I have received not-so-good news. Well, today that changed!!! I had an ultrasound and Baby scored an 8/8 on all of his little tests (fluid, heartbeat, size, etc). I met with the doctor after the ultrasound and he said that baby and Mama are looking perfect. Wow! What great words to hear! The medicine has helped my blood pressure TREMENDOUSLY and I have been on a diet for the past week to help with the gestational diabetes. The past month of bedrest has paid off and I am SO thankful!

I am not out of the woods yet, though. The doctor suggested that I stay low for the next two weeks until I see him again. He said I can start adding activities back into my daily routine. His words, "You can sit somewhere else." hahahahaha So, I have permission to go out to dinner, sit at a friend's house and watch a movie, etc. He asked that I do things in very small doses for the next couple weeks just so I don't overdo it. I am not able to go back to work but I am hoping at my next appointment, he will let me add that back in.

Mine and Nathan's one year anniversary is April 5th and Nathan had a great weekend in Atlanta planned. Also, my family has a vacation planned for Easter weekend in Gatlinburg. When meeting with the doctor I asked him what the rule was when it came to me traveling. I told him where I wanted to go and he said OK! Yay! He asked that we stop every hour or so for me to get out of the car to walk around, get something to drink, etc. but then when I am at the destination (Atlanta or Gatlinburg) that I keep my feet propped up as much as possible. Nathan and I have had to rethink our agenda in Atlanta but it will be a great weekend. As for Gatlinburg, I have a husband, mother and sister who will make sure I sit and have my feet propped up as much as possible.

Thanks again to all of you who have offered prayers and encouraging words!! They are not taken for granted!! I am thankful for a great church family who has provided meals. I can not say "thank you" enough!! What a blessing you have been!


Meg

No comments: