Saturday, March 7, 2009

My sweet Mama

I called Mama after leaving the hospital on Wednesday. She told me that she would be leaving first thing the next morning to come stay with me for a few days. Nathan and her agree that I am a little hard headed when it comes to people doing stuff for me. I tried to convince her not to come, but she wasn't going to hear it.
She arrived in Louisville around lunch time on Thursday and just left this (Saturday) morning. The past 48 hours have been awesome for several reasons:

1. I had company 24/7. Nathan works 10:00-7:00 most days which means I spend the majority of the day alone. It was so nice to have someone to talk to besides Eli (our cat). =)
2. Mama cooked the whole time she was here. Since I have been on bedrest we have been eating leftovers, picking up carry-out or fast food or heating up frozen pizzas. Mama made baked ziti, bread, chicken and rice, breakfast casserole, pancakes, pineapple casserole (one of my faves), corn, chicken salad - geez, I am sure I am forgetting something. She made all of this for the meals while she was here but she put the leftovers in the freezer and refrigerator. Thank you, Mama!!!! All of it was yummy and I am so thankful to have plenty of food...I am sure Nathan is just as glad as I am, if not more! =)
3. She did all of our laundry, changed sheets on the bed and cleaned (dusted, mopped, vacuumed...everything). Since I have been on bedrest, Nathan and I had done pretty good at keeping stuff picked up but it was definitely time for a good dusting and mopping.
4. I had someone to play Phase 10 with! =) I love playing cards/board games. Nathan doesn't enjoy games near as much as I do, so it was good to have someone to play cards with. We played a couple games of Phase 10 while watching TV at night. Mama hasn't watched American Idol in a couple years now and I might have gotten her re-addicted. She was here for the "Wildcard Night" which was a good one.

Mama went above and beyond and I am SO thankful!!! The past few weeks have been very quiet and restful...I guess that's why it's called bedrest, huh!? =) It was great to have someone here to keep me company. Who better to do that than my Mama?

Love you!!!



Meg

No comments: