Friday, March 20, 2009

Very Thankful

Since I have used up all my vacation time at work, the past week or so has been unpaid sick leave. It is still worth staying home to make sure the baby and I are healthy, however, work has been very gracious in having work delivered to our house! Yesterday, the courier service here in Louisville delivered TEN boxes of work for me to do. Yay!! I spent about six hours working today while I watched basketball. It's a lot easier to get work done when the TV is on. =) Believe it or not, I do miss being in the office but this gave me something to do to make the day go by a little bit faster. Thanks, Mike!!

Well, our March Madness brackets aren't doing so well. Only one of my sweet sixteen teams has been eliminated (Boston College), but I guess that's better than it could be. Tennessee lost today which didn't surprise me at all...oh well, I guess there's always next year.
Two of Nathan's sweet sixteen teams have been eliminated - Boston College and Northern Iowa. Who picks Northern Iowa?!?! hahahahaha

Only 5 more days until my next doctor's appointment. I am hoping for good news.


Meg

2 comments:

Lori said...

I like the new design! I deleted my old blog and have a new one now too! I hope to actually write in it more. It's funny how we always want days off work until we are forced not to work and then we decide it is not so bad after all. Can you not get short term disability since it is preg. related?

Nathan and Meg said...

Hey, Lori! Yeah the first few days off work was okay I guess. It would be different if I was on vacation or something. Instead I spend a lot of time thinking about the baby, checking my blood pressure, thinking about what I can/can't eat, etc. I am glad I am getting the rest I need but I cant wait to meet this little guy!! As for short term disability...my work doesnt offer that. Yeah, it stinks, I know!!!! They have sent work to my house for me to do which has been great! It allows a little income which is better than nothing.