Friday, March 13, 2009

Glucose Test

I was at the doctor's office from 8:30-noon yesterday (Thursday) for a three-hour glucose test. I had the glucose sceening test done last week and it came back abnormal so I was asked to come back for a three hour test. The doctor's office called me today and, again, the test came back abnormal. So, I have tested positive for diabetic onset during pregnancy otherwise known as gestational diabetes. I have to set up an appointment with the nutrionist and she is going to show me how to use a blood-sugar monitoring kit.

One thing my doctor has really advised me NOT to do is go online and look up terms/symptoms of pregnancy. I have been good about obeying that until now! After hanging up with his office I immediately went online to see exactly what Baby Moore and I are going through. I went to webmd.com and started reading about the causes, cures and effects of this diabetic onset. Apparently, it doesn't last after pregnany in most cases and is easily controlled with the blood-sugar monitoring kit that I will be given.

As I have said before, the first 20-weeks of this pregnancy were VERY ideal. I had great weight gain and blood pressure and all my lab work came back clear. I never had morning sickness or nausea and my energy levels were relatively normal. When I texted my sister, Tiffany, the results of the test her response was, "Have faith." Faith was SO simple during the first 20-weeks while the past 7-weeks I have had to pray for that faith to be strengthened. Every time I go to the doctor he says, "Baby looks great; heartbeat is wonderful...just take care of yourself." Praise God that Baby Moore is healthy and growing at a normal pace. God has proved Himself faithful time and time again in my life and I have faith he is going to do the same during the next few weeks. Sure, it's not ideal that I might be delivering the baby a few weeks earlier than planned, and it's not ideal that these complications have lead us down this road, but God is God. I am in no place to question His authority...I just have to have faith.


Meg

No comments: