Monday, March 9, 2009

Two more weeks...

I started the blood pressure medicine on Friday and since then my blood pressure has been good. I was 99% sure that when I went into the doctor's office today, he would say, "Wow, your blood pressure looks great. You can go back to work but take it easy otherwise." I wasn't that lucky. Instead he told me that I needed to be on bedrest for another two weeks.

Fortunately, my blood pressure is maintained but the swelling is still there. He said this is something called edema which is normal in most women at this phase of pregnancy (26 weeks). He said this can also be due to weather - when it gets warmer out most women swell. However, he is still concerned since I am more swollen than I should be.

He also told me that my glucose test came back abnormal. I noted a couple posts ago that he said all my tests came back normal. I thought that meant all the tests I had taken up to that point but apparently they didn't have the results when he told me that. So, my urine test and all blood work has come back normal but the glucose test came back abnormal. I go back this Thursday for 3-hour glucose testing. Then, I go back on the 25th for an ultrasound and check-up. Until then I am on bedrest.

Until February 23rd (which is when I got put on bedrest) my pregnancy had been very uneventful. The past few weeks have been emotionally draining. I keep going back to the doctor and receiving confirmation that Baby Boy is doing great. That is probably the only thing keeping me from totally freaking out!

Thanks again for your prayers and words of encouragement. This too shall pass.



Meg

No comments: