Saturday, March 7, 2009

Medical Update

My doctor's office called me on Thursday afternoon and asked if I could come in on Monday instead of Tuesday. Since I have soooo much to do, I had to check my calendar (hahahaha), but I let them know that Monday would be great. A couple hours after talking to the medical assistant and scheduling the appointment, my doctor called to talk to me about results from tests and what the next step would be.

Praise the Lord, ALL tests have come back normal. This includes the original blood tests they did; the glucose test that was done Wednesday; the blood work that was done at the hospital; and the 24-hour urine test that was done Tuesday. I had additional lab work done last week that tested my liver enzymes and platelets. These are examined when testing for preeclampsia. These, too, came back NORMAL!!! Yay!!!

So, the next step is to start blood pressure medicine and see if that helps. He was hesitant to put me on this at first because he was concerned that something else was wrong and he wanted to find that first. Reminder: My blood pressure at the end of January was 118/something (I don't remember the bottom number). At my February appointment, it was in the 150's. He was concerned because of the drastic jump over a period of a few weeks.

He called in a prescription for me and Mama and I went and picked it up yesterday (Friday). I have taken it three times since then and my blood pressure has gone back to normal! If I don't take the medicine every few hours, then it is back up in the 150's and 160's but that just means I need to be disciplined in taking it. How exciting!!!!!!

I go back to the doctor on Monday for a check-up to see how the medicine is working. I am hoping to get a good report and start easing back into work, church and whatever else I have going on. I know, Mama, I will take it easy!! =)

I am SO thankful for our your prayers and words of encouragement!!! These past few weeks have been emotionally draining as I have spent lots of time thinking about the baby and hoping and praying he is ok. After the ultrasound on Wednesday I am so thankful that he is perfectly fine and healthy - I will do whatever I need to do to make sure he stays that way!


Meg

No comments: